Europeans held hostage in their own land?

Description of your first forum.

Europeans held hostage in their own land?

Post by Sultan Salahuddi » Sat, 30 Sep 2006 11:46:23


"I thought it was only the French who are being held hostage by the
foreigners living amongst them.

Today, we learned that Germany is as fearful of their immigrants as
well."

http://cultural-obsession.blogspot.com

 
 
 

Europeans held hostage in their own land?

Post by Hatune » Sun, 01 Oct 2006 01:50:23


On 28 Sep 2006 19:46:23 -0700, "Sultan Salahuddin"


>"I thought it was only the French who are being held hostage by the
>foreigners living amongst them.

>Today, we learned that Germany is as fearful of their immigrants as
>well."

>http://cultural-obsession.blogspot.com

It was a decision on the part of the opera house. They were urged
by the government not to cancel.


    *       Tucson Arizona, out where the cacti grow         *
    * My typos & mispellings are intentional copyright traps *

 
 
 

Europeans held hostage in their own land?

Post by Sultan Salahuddi » Sun, 01 Oct 2006 02:01:35


Don't be surprised if there's a protest or someone from that opera gets
the 'fatwa.'
 
 
 

Europeans held hostage in their own land?

Post by Vikin » Sun, 01 Oct 2006 02:04:40



>On 28 Sep 2006 19:46:23 -0700, "Sultan Salahuddin"

>>"I thought it was only the French who are being held hostage by the
>>foreigners living amongst them.

>>Today, we learned that Germany is as fearful of their immigrants as
>>well."

>>http://cultural-obsession.blogspot.com

>It was a decision on the part of the opera house. They were urged
>by the government not to cancel.

Presumably, they could have simply omitted the part with the severed
heads.
 
 
 

Europeans held hostage in their own land?

Post by David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the royal duchy of city south and deansga » Sun, 01 Oct 2006 02:25:23



> Don't be surprised if there's a protest or someone from that opera gets
> the 'fatwa.'

That's a common problem with opera singers. I put it down to them not
being able to eat their main meal until very late.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
usenet (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk
http://www.davidhorne.net/pictures.html  http://soundjunction.org

 
 
 

Europeans held hostage in their own land?

Post by David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the royal duchy of city south and deansga » Sun, 01 Oct 2006 02:53:39



> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:25:23 +0100, in rec.travel.europe,

> royal duchy of city south and deansgate) arranged some electrons, so they
> looked like this:


>  ...
>  ... > Don't be surprised if there's a protest or someone from that opera gets
>  ... > the 'fatwa.'
>  ...
>  ... That's a common problem with opera singers. I put it down to them not
>  ... being able to eat their main meal until very late.

> ROTFL

> Not a problem for everybody... I lost 3 Kg when rehearsing for "Nabucco".
> Singing is a great exercise. :)

Hey- I didn't know you sang! Next time we meet, we should do a duet! I
have the bleating baritone voice typical of many male composers! :)

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
usenet (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk
http://www.davidhorne.net/pictures.html  http://soundjunction.org

 
 
 

Europeans held hostage in their own land?

Post by David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the royal duchy of city south and deansga » Sun, 01 Oct 2006 03:47:15



> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:53:39 +0100, in rec.travel.europe,

> royal duchy of city south and deansgate) arranged some electrons, so they
> looked like this:


>  ... >  ...
>  ... >  ... > Don't be surprised if there's a protest or someone from that
>  ... >  ... > opera gets the 'fatwa.'
>  ... >  ...
>  ... >  ... That's a common problem with opera singers. I put it down to
>  ... >  ... them not being able to eat their main meal until very late.
>  ... >
>  ... > ROTFL
>  ... >
>  ... > Not a problem for everybody... I lost 3 Kg when rehearsing for
>  ... > "Nabucco". Singing is a great exercise. :)
>  ...
>  ... Hey- I didn't know you sang! Next time we meet, we should do a duet! I
>  ... have the bleating baritone voice typical of many male composers! :)

> In my good days I'm soprano coloratura... (kidding!)

You would make a good Queen of the Night! :)

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
usenet (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk
http://www.davidhorne.net/pictures.html  http://soundjunction.org

 
 
 

Europeans held hostage in their own land?

Post by Ganes » Mon, 02 Oct 2006 04:31:16




>>On 28 Sep 2006 19:46:23 -0700, "Sultan Salahuddin"

>>>"I thought it was only the French who are being held hostage by the
>>>foreigners living amongst them.

>>>Today, we learned that Germany is as fearful of their immigrants as
>>>well."

>>>http://cultural-obsession.blogspot.com

>>It was a decision on the part of the opera house. They were urged
>>by the government not to cancel.

> Presumably, they could have simply omitted the part with the severed
> heads.

Of course not! That would be like amputating the limbs of the limbs of
the opera. You don't do that with art, you know...
You either show the whole piece or you show nothing at all...

Just my 2C
Ganesh

 
 
 

Europeans held hostage in their own land?

Post by Ganes » Mon, 02 Oct 2006 04:33:22




>>On 28 Sep 2006 19:46:23 -0700, "Sultan Salahuddin"

>>>"I thought it was only the French who are being held hostage by the
>>>foreigners living amongst them.

>>>Today, we learned that Germany is as fearful of their immigrants as
>>>well."

>>>http://cultural-obsession.blogspot.com

>>It was a decision on the part of the opera house. They were urged
>>by the government not to cancel.

> Presumably, they could have simply omitted the part with the severed
> heads.

Of course not! That would be like amputating the limbs of the opera. You
don't do that with art, you know...
You either show the whole piece or you show nothing at all...

Just my 2C
Ganesh